Welcome to Accounting
The University Accounting Services is a trusted advisor working in partnership with faculty, staff, and students to enhance the financial stewardship of the campus and to uphold the public's trust in the institution and mission of SFSU.
All units in the University Accounting Services are committed to:
- Compliance with institutional policies, applicable laws and regulations, Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), and Governmental Accounting Standards Board (GASB) to safeguard University assets.
- Accuracy and timeliness of all financial information
- Working closely with our customers to provide timely answers and problem resolution.
- Training programs that educate the campus business managers and staff with CSU financial policies and procedures.
The University Accounting Services is located in the 3rd floor of the Administration building. If you have questions please contact: email@example.com.
Accounting Monthly Notification:
April 2022 is now closed - effective May 12, 2022
What We Do
Governmental Accounting is dedicated to provide efficient supports, guidance, and customer services to students, faculty, staff and members beyond campus community. Our team compiles meticulous financial records in accordance with CSU policies and accounting standards to support University financial reporting and operational management.
- State Agency and CSU Financial Reporting
- University Bank Reconciliation
- Stop Payment and Affidavit of Forgery
- University Payroll Reconciliation and Employee Receivable
- University Recharges and Cost Recovery Fund Transfer
- 3rd Party Operating Fund Invoicing and Interagency Receivable
- Stale Dated Check/Warrant Claim Administration
- Campus-wide Journal Entries
- Finance Data Warehouse Training and Support
- CFS Billing and Receivable Training and Support
Trust Fund Accounting provides accounting service and guidance to the campus community by maintaining quality financial data, ensuring the integrity of the financial transactions, providing timely reconciliations and analysis is comprised of three units:
- Trust & Special Project Accounting provides assistance to the departments and colleges with accounting matters related to Miscellaneous Trust Fund, Self-supporting funds, IRA, and Lottery.
- Grants & Contracts Accounting handles cash management and financial reporting for Federal, State, Local, and non-profit funded research and non-research grants
- Financial Aid Accounting provides cash management and financial reporting services for Grant, Loan, Scholarship, and Work Study Student Financial Aid Programs.
- Trust Fund Agreement Maintenance
- University Small Grant Budget Request
- Trust Fund Cash and Fund Balance Monitor
- Trust Fund Payment Certification
- Petty Cash Verification
- Wire Transfer
- Cash Posting Orders (CPO)
- Campus-wide Journal Entry Request
- Scholarship Award Request
- ORSP Budget and Actual Fund & Expense Transfer
- ORSP Project Setup, Management, and Close Out
- Externally Funded Grant and Aid Drawdown & Financial Reporting
- University Parking Tax and Sales Tax Reconciliation
- Systemwide Investment Fund Trust (SWIFT) Earnings Distributions
- University Risk Pool Cost Recovery
- 3rd Party Trust Fund, ORSP Grants & Contracts, Scholarship Invoicing, and Account Receivable
- Finance Data Warehouse Training and Support
- Trust Fund Agreement: firstname.lastname@example.org or Ext# 8-7140
- Wire Transfer: email@example.com or Ext# 8-2145
- Petty Cash Verification: firstname.lastname@example.org or Ext# 8-7140
- Small Grant: email@example.com or Ext# 8-7138
- Invoicing & Accounts Receivable: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Journal Entry: email@example.com
The Financial Reporting team serves the campus community by processing a variety of financial transactions including journal reclassifications, chartfield value request/maintenance, month-end and year-end closing of the general ledger, financial audits and preparation of campus financial statements. We ensure that the University operates and complies with standard accounting and regulatory practices by creating an environment that fosters financial integrity and timeliness. Our team provides administrative and fiscal support by providing accurate and prompt customer service to the members and departments of the campus community.
- Coordination of closing accounting ledger for month-end, year-end close and Generally Accepted Accounting Principle (GAAP) financial reporting
- Creation and maintenance of Fund, Account, Project, Program, and Class chartfield values.
- Monthly, quarterly and annual submission Financial Information Reporting Management System (FIRMS) for Systemwide reporting
- Annual reporting to the State Controller’s Office
- Journal entries to reclassify, correct or transfer ‘Actuals’ transactions
Audits: GAAP Financial Statement Audit, Single Audit (A-133), System-wide Revenue Bond (SRB)
- Yessica Gonzalez at firstname.lastname@example.org or Ext# 8-2482
Capital Asset Reporting
- Michael Liles at email@example.com or Ext# 5-0320
CFS Chartfield Value Request/Maintenance
- Jesse Shen at firstname.lastname@example.org or Ext# 5-7322
- email@example.com or Ext# 8-2482