The Disbursement Office is the University centralized processing area for distribution of checks and supporting documents.
Location: 1600 Holloway Avenue, ADM 358, San Francisco, CA 94132
Hours: Monday through Friday, 9:00 AM to 4:00 PM
Contact: Wai-Ling Tang - Disbursement Coordinator
Payroll Warrants, In-Lieu, and Balance Due Checks
- Staff and Faculty monthly payroll warrants and Student's Work Study warrants are all being distributed at the Disbursement Office. Schedule of the exact day of payroll distribution can be obtained from the Payroll Office. https://hr.sfsu.edu/payroll-basics
- Staff and Faculty payroll warrants: Available for release at the end of every month.
- Student payroll warrants: Available for release on the second week (15th) of each month.
Picking up Payroll Warrants
- Employees must go to Payroll Office located in ADM 252, to obtain the warrant release form.
- Take the warrant release form to Disbursement Office located in ADM 358, to pick up warrant/s.
Vendor Payments, Employee Reimbursements, Student Payments, and UCorp Checks
- These checks are distributed daily during Disbursement Office hours.
Picking up University Checks
- To pick up the check in person, photo I.D. is required.
- Under certain circumstances, the Payee may elect to have her/his check disbursed to a third party. However, the third party should not be the requester, nor the approver of the check requested. Such authorization must be in writing.
- Complete the "Authorization to Disburse Check to a Third Party" form.
- The completed Authorization to Disburse Check to a Third Party form must be presented to the Disbursement Coordinator, along with photo I.D., prior to disbursement.
Employee Direct Deposit for University Checks (not for payroll warrants)
- The purpose of the Employee Direct Deposit Authorization is to expedite and secure of the Employee’s Travel, Business Expense, and Hospitality reimbursement
- This is not the same as Payroll Direct Deposit.
Stipend checks are distributed on the 15th of each month. These checks are normally mailed to students unless prior arrangements are made by the originating department.
A Stop Payment is initiated by the Accounting Office once a check is reported lost by the student or was never received by the payee. This form can be obtained from New Admin 358. For a lost Financial Aid Check, stop payment is initiated by the Bursar's Office (ADM 155). The form is forwarded to the Accounting Office to place the stop payment.
Normally, it will take 1 to 2 weeks before a replacement check is printed, however, if the check is returned by the Postmaster, the Accounting Office will replace this check within two working days.
The REPLACEMENT check cannot be mailed in order to avoid the same occurrence. Payee will be called or informed by mail that the replacement check is available for pick-up at New Admin 358. Replacement check for Financial Aid checks is available for pick up at the Bursar's Office.